In the continuation of myReal Love Revolution series, today I will be talking about abusive relationships. What are the signs that you might be in an abusive relationship? What can you look out for, especially if you come from a background where you had violence in your home or verbal or emotional abuse in your childhood? The more awareness you have around this topic, the more you can spare yourself this painful experience.
I am gearing up for the Real Love Revolution course, and I’ve got an amazing group of women on Facebook who are learning and asking questions, doing meditations, and hanging out with me. Join us!
And of course, keep an eye out for follow up episode about how to safely leave an abusive relationship.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“It’s not just physical abuse that constitutes abuse; There are many different ways of someone undermining your self esteem, your wellness, and how you feel about yourself. ” – Terri Cole
Show Notes: 10 Signs of an Abusive Relationship
- Being watched and tracked by your partner
- Your partner declaring love too fast
- Abuser threatening to hurt themselves
- The partner inflicting pain on you
- Being isolated from friends and family
- The partner blaming you for everything
- Your partner forgiving you for something that they actually did
- Making a scene in public
- Threatening any children in the relationship
- Controlling the finances
“They can twist anything up to justify their abusive behavior.” – Terri Cole
“Don’t minimize what is happening: someone doesn’t have to be punching you in the face or pinching you or beating you or leaving bruises to be abusing you.” – Terri Cole
*Featured image courtesy of Joe Penna