10 Jun 198 Scapegoat, Golden Child + More: How to break free from Narc Family Roles
Today, I dive into WHAT goes on in a narcissistic family AND common family roles that family members take on in narcissistic families.
You will notice that there is some crossover between dysfunctional families (as I’ve talked about in recent episodes) and narcissistic families, but narcissism is a very specific type of dysfunction.
This episode will help you to identify a what a narcissistic family is, the narcissistic family roles, and what you can do about it.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn.
And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“If you know who you are, you don’t need to make sure that “other people” know your special status.” – Terri Cole
- What are family roles
- What is narcissism
- The difference between dysfunction and narcissism
- What a narcissistic family is
- Why boundaries get blurred
- Why siblings compare themselves to each other
- What gaslighting is
The Flying Monkeys
The Golden Child
“The Golden Child is seen as basically an extension of the narcissistic parent.” – Terri Cole
- Learn more about The Narcissist Family Files by Julia Hall
- Get your FREE guide on understanding How to break free from Narc Family Roles
“The narc family is really interested in things looking good. They are more interested in what it looks like, of course, then what it is.” – Terri Cole